Sir Winston Churchill, one of Britain's toughest Prime Ministers, recently portrayed by Oscar winning actor Gary Oldman in the film 'Darkest Hour'. But how well d you know Sir Winston Churchill? Take our quiz to find out!
1) Churchill had a love for cigars, so much so he had one named after him- What was it called?
The cigar is 17.5 centimeters in length and approximately 18mm in width- It is noted that this is not for the ‘novice smoker’ lasting around 1-1.5 hours to smoke.
2) True or False: After his death Her Majesty The Queen approved the production of a crown featuring Churchill
Following the death of Sir Winston Churchill on 24th January 1965, the Queen approved the production of a crown to honour his memory. This was the first coin issued in the United Kingdom to feature the head of a non-royal on one side and the monarch on the other.
3) Churchill won a Nobel Prize, what was it for?
In 1953 Churchill was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in “for his mastery of historical and biographical description as well as for brilliant oratory in defending exalted human values” (The Nobel Foundation, 1953)
4) What year did Churchill Deliver his "We will fight on the beaches" Speech?
"We shall fight on the beaches" is a common title given to a speech delivered by Winston Churchill to the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom on 4 June 1940.
5) During a letter to Churchill a text abbreviation was used-it was the first recorded use of it- What was it?
One of the first recorded uses of the abbreviation OMG (Oh My God!) was actually written in a letter to Churchill.